· Relevant tertiary qualification
· PC literate (including: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & Micros)
· A la carte / restaurant focused
· Previous experience in a top-quality restaurant or running a restaurant in a top hotel.
· International experience highly advantageous
· Innovative with a modern style cuisine
· Able to manage, train & motivate team of 12-14 chefs
· Strong leader and role model
· Ensure that the kitchen brigade follow the set standards and SPOs
· Able to work in a calm, structured manner even in busy times and able to command a team in pressurised situation and bring order
· To be able to give input into kitchen budgets and develop mechanisms to maintain food cost
· Strong focus on developing and maintaining hygiene systems and controls
· Able to work late shifts
· Able to command a pass serving 200 – 300 a la carte per night
To apply please email CV and cover letter to:
Please include SOUS in subject line
Closing date: 30 November 2018
Please ensure your skills match the list above!
Preference will be given to suitable candidates who need representation in this level as per our EE plan.
Only short-listed external applicants will be contacted.