Tutor needed in Durbanville, Western Cape
We are looking for a tutor for our Grade 10 son and Grade 8 daughter to assist with their schoolwork. This position will be for 4hrs (3pm – 7pm) daily Monday to Friday at our home in Durbanville. We are willing to look at R50 to R60 p/h, negotiable depending on experience.
– Previous teaching experience OR a retired teacher looking for a part time position
– Experience working with teenagers
– Fluent in both English and Afrikaans
– Must have good time management skills, self-disciplined, meticulous, self-motivated and able to accept responsibility
– Have own reliable transport and driver’s license
– Assisting with daily homework that needs to be completed
– Assistance with any projects
– Setting up of study time table and ensuring that the children are adhering to the table making study notes etc.
– Doing question&answer exercises to ensure the children have a good understanding of the work
– If additional assistance is required from the school teachers (Reddam/Curro) you will need to make contact with the relevant teachers at the school to arrange accordingly
We travel on occasion for work and during this time we bring in an Au-pair to stay in to look after the children. Should you like to be considered to be the stand in Au-pair during this time we will gladly consider it. But this is not a requirement for this position.
Should you meet ALL of the requirements and would like to be considered please email your CV to “firstname.lastname@example.org”